A Toybox Christmas - Wait What?

  Welcome as we take a look at another package from my very good friend The Toy Box! If you are a regular reader, you know that this has been an annual tradition. However; I was shocked when he informed me this was coming. Why? Because I got one earlier this year, this is the first time he sent me 2 in a year. So now you might be asking how can I showcase it now during the countdown? Well by being both creative and just being lucky that some of it can be showcased as Halloween! Today we will take a look at the media items and probably on Sunday we will take a look at the comics and toys!


 Like always (and I love that he does this), everything was wrapped in wrapping paper!

 Lets start with the music shall we?I got one cassette this time and its Purple Rain. Sorry for the quality but I had to quickly take this pic in bad lighting to have it make this post. My camera died right b4 I could take its pic earlier when I did the rest during the day!
 Next up are the cd's:
I chose not to show Nirvana;s 'Nevermind' front so here it is on the side.
 A set of cds from the 50s! I might be a little young to have enjoyed them back then, BUT I grew up on them back when they (and not the 80s) were considered the oldies! 
 As a kid, heck up until a few years or so ago, soundtracks and seasonal music were about all I listened to so getting these are great. Now days I seem to gravitate to soundtracks, seasonal, pop, oldies, and pretty much anything from the 80s and 90s lol.
 As a kid, as mentioned above, I listened to mostly soundtracks BUT there were obviously exceptions. The above Michael Jackson cd was one of them. Man I listened to that all the time!

Now its time for the DVD's:
 As a huge fan of the king of pop, I love that I have these now! Heck my all time favorite Halloween music video is on both of the above dvds: 'Thriller!'
 Up until recently I had access to Disney+ so the Disney collection was never a huge priority and as such I never had many of the classics. Of course now I have no access, I now been wanting to see some again so imagine my surprise when I saw that he had sent me so many. I swear sometimes I feel like he might have ESP!
 Above is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. But then again considering DuckTales was always a fave cartoon I guess its not a surprise!
 Perfect timing. Netflix just announced that they will be releasing Across the spiderverse on Halloween so now I can rewatch the original!
 I not only love the Care Bears but that is a cool case design!
 My second favorite Scooby cartoon (second to only what's new)
 I should point out that I was so excited about all the Scooby dvds that I started watching them again, thats why only the slipcover is showcased on one of these!
 I stopped commenting on the above dvds as what can I say? They are all in a pile waiting to be watched!

VHS:
 Always a great day when adding new Disney vids to the collection!

Thanks go to my good friend the Toy Box for such great items!

 Well, that is all for today. Tomorrow I take a look at my newest Halloween decoration acquisitions and then hopefully I will be able to finish taking pics of the contents of this package in time to show the rest on Sunday! Until then, here's a preview:

Comments

  1. Even though I packed the box, I always get excited to see your post about opening it. Glad you liked the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. The Apple Dumpling Gang was my favorite as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment