A Toy Box Christmas - The Conclusion!

  It's finally time to see what else was in the package that my good friend The Toy Box sent me! Sorry about the delay.

 As I showed last time, everything was wrapped up in Christmas wrapping paper!
   First up is this canteen of G.I. Joe juice from 2000 and its still full! I love odd things like this that can be added to a shelf!

Now we will take a look at the comics!
Surprisingly, I have never read the comic but was a big fan of the original Battlestar Galactica! Now I definitely will.
Gotta love adding Marvel Comics from pre late 90s (when I stopped reading them as often).
 
  Free Comic Book Day! This is not the first time that he has sent me FCBD comics and I appreciate it as I don't go to the shop any more so I miss out on these otherwise. Thank you Toy Box!
   As hard as it is to believe, the net wasn't really a thing (and nothing like it is today) when I was younger and we had to get our news from print materials! 🙀 Many of the companies had their own in house ones but my favorite was Marvel's. Even though it cost money, there were comic strips, previews, and more! Marvel Age was the thing back then. You know the dark ages. 😂
 
I will probably showcase some of the contents of these Marvel Age's one day soon!

And finally, the part most of my readers are here for: the toys!
Blockbuster Video? Wow! What a difference!..... Sorry, I couldn't resist! 
Anyway, this exclusive has the Scooby gang as bendies. Its already opened so I don't feel bad that i'm planning to remove the mask and lantern for my regular figures! This will be added into my Scooby display as will the below:
I have the HW Mystery Machine, but mine is a newer one and loose so I am happy to have a carded copy too.
   While I had the Scooby gang, I was pleasantly surprised by these. Why? Because mine are the modern looks (in classic colors) and these are of the more classic looks and I prefer these. Before you ask where Fred is.....
I had to have him with the Mystery Machine didn't I?
This is made of metal and havy. Its why I am moving the Scooby shelf, which I was meaning to do anyway! Also I needed a Mystery Machine for my display, I mean I was using the Ewok Battle Wagon lol!
These 4 I knew I was getting and couldn't wait for them! (notes below)
66 Batmobile
As a kid I had some of these metal figures, in fact they are why I got some of the Jada nanos line, so I'm over the moon about these!
Batman and Catwoman will stay carded. They just look so great carded! 
 That's all for this package, thanks go again to my good friend the Toy Box! Below are some bonus images and notes!

 Side Note: Batman's cape is now on one of my Kenner Batman's and Batman himself will move into my Batman 89 display soon. Robin will be Jason Todd and he and Mr Freeze will be joining my Super Friends shelf (mix of Mcfarlane, Kenner, and now Toy Biz!) Supes is actually replacing my Mcfarlane Super Powers Kal as this Toy Biz version is close enough to the vintage one for me and they are from my childhood so they come first! 
 Side note: Batman here now means I am just 1 figure away from completing the Toy Biz 89 movie figures! HE also means I am closer to finishing the Burtonverse collection (as far as I am concerned, I just need 5 more figures!) I'm only mentioning this as I am so happy to be so much closer!

BONUS PHOTOS:

TOYS R US!


Comments

  1. Which figures from the Burtonverse you still need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob the goon from Toybiz, a Joker from Kenner, Robin (Batman Returns), Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne, and the Penguin Commandoes!

      Delete
    2. I'll keep an eye out. I come across a lot of those often. The Joker is the only one I have yet to find in the wild for cheap. Still don't have that one myself.

      Delete
    3. Wow on the Joker, and ty for keeping an eye out for the rest!

      Delete

Post a Comment