IT's time for Cool and Collected's Pop Culture League challenge!
This week's topic is:
Here there be Monsters
‘Tis the Halloween season!I would love to show off my monsters and other creepy figures, but that is planned for future posts, o what do I show? First off let us start with a story. I was unpopular and shy and so I began to express myself decorating. My dad and Mom had certain ways to do Christmas, but Halloween was eventually my baby. Then tragedy struck my life. My grandpa went into a coma around midnight on Christmas Day 1994, and then died 2 days later on my sister's birthday. My mom went into the hospital and stayed through my birthday in 1995 and then died a couple weeks later in August. The big holidays were ruined but not Halloween. I will say that recently on Halloween I sprained my knee and was bed rest Halloween night, but other than that Halloween has been good. Knock on wood! So I latched on to it even more, now I go crazy! I even began decorating this year in August! So I am happy that it is Halloween season officially as I no longer look crazy (for decorating at least).
SO these images I planned to show on a later date, but I think this is the best time to show them! The Rat I bought last year and the frog I bought this year, both at Target, the backgrounds are "Scene Setters" and I got them at Party City last year, but Spirit sells them as well! The tombstone I believe I got at Wal-Mart a few years ago!
Like my take on this topic? Then you should check out what my fellow leaguers came up with:
- Brother Midnight over at Green Plastic Squirt Gun shows us his "monstrous" collection!
- The Nerd Nook looks at an essential item from my childhood!
- Mr. Smith's Plastic Bubble ponders the mystery of "what is a monster?"
- 20 Years Before 2000 looks at Jason Vorhees!
- G.I.Jigsaw shows us his art skills and spotlights a fear of mine and in the comments we get a glimpse at next week's challenge from cool and collected! :/
- Toy Box talks about some Batman villains!
- Haxbee looks at the Don Post Studios!
- 2 Minute Toy Break looks at creepy figures if they were real!
I am celebrating Halloween in my "31 Days of Halloween!" all month long! A new post every day!