Top 5 Shows Available On The Boomerang Ap!

  This is the first of many top 5's that will be focusing on Boomerang! No they aren't paying me for this but I am a subscriber and really love the VOD service! Though they will be spaced apart I plan to do a Halloween one, Christmas, Movies, and Specials as well. Also because they add new stuff every week, you never know what is going to be there. They even have started putting up full runs of shows like Top Cat, Taz-Mania, and many more (like Flintstones and Jetsons!)

 Rather than doing another post about it, I will say my one gripe is that they seem to add more Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry stuff than Hanna Barbera related things! However there still is a lot of HB as you will see! On to the list:

5. Smurfs
  Sadly, thy do not have the whole run but they have a lot of it, as well as some of the specials! I haven't gotten around to watch them yet BUT they had to be added to this list as Smurfs was a hug part of most of our childhoods ans its nice that it is available for us and the new generation!

4. Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
  Ok this one is here for a couple reasons, one is that Cassie loved this cartoon, but the other is that I gave it another chance because of that and you know what? Its pretty good! I love the fact that other Looney Tunes characters appear in it and how they always say they need the world's greatest detective but he's always busy (not really, he just doesn't want to do it) and therefore they settle on Granny!

3. New Wacky Races
  This one makes me laugh. Cassie loves the original, but dislikes the new one, I disliked the original (but will give it another shot eventually) but love the new one! It makes me laugh. Yes its stupid at times but sometimes all you need is a laugh (especially me). Not only that but I love all of the guest appearances. I mean the Daltons, Huckleberry Hound, The Hillbilly Bears, and even Hong Kong Phooey have all gust starred at least once in this cartoon. When is the last time we saw most of them? Also the pigeon (and the old character model of Dick Dastardly (used for his father in this cartoon) from the org Wacky Races and) from the old Dick Dastardly cartoon that spun off Wacky Races have also appeared!

2. Scooby-Doo Where Are You?
 Although My favorite Scooby-Doo cartoons "What's New Scooby-Doo? and 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" are on it I had to go with Where are you as # 2. Why? Because it is the cartoon that started it all! Without Where are you? none of the others would exist. I love how its available to watch again.

 As is tradition at this point here are some notable mentions:
  Though not a huge fan these days, lets be honest Flintstones (and the Jetsons) is a classic and deserves at least a mention!
  They have many Looney Tunes related sections including various characters. As Road Runner is my favorite LT I chose his section for the notable mention but any of the LT shorts deserve to be here!
  Taz-Mania is here cause I used to enjoy it. Now I am not so sure after trying to watch the pilot. However I felt it should at least get a mention!
  It was between this and the newly added (as in just yesterday as of this writing) Tom and Jerry Tales but Kids won out as this cartoon was cute and enjoyable!
  Sadly one of the only classic Hanna Barbera shorts available (the others are Atom Ant, Huckleberry Hound, and Magilla Gorilla) However I love Yogi Bear and felt he should be here!

1. Juniper Lee
 For years I have wanted to watch this. Juniper aired while I was homeless (I missed out on the entire "City" era of Cartoon Network!) and Cassie always spoke of it. I was able to see one episode (Monster con I believe) and thats it as this cartoon is extremely rare online! That is until Boomerang added it. All but one episode is on the service (Easter special) and my guess is its being held until one Easter to add for that holiday. I have seen all but that one episode and although I felt it ended way too soon, I loved the cartoon and that is why it is #1!

 That is it for this week's Top 5! See you again soon for another Top 5!

Comments