Top 5 Scooby-Doo Series!

  This week's Top 5 takes a look at Scooby-Doo and friends as we count don my 5 favorite Scooby-Doo series!

5. 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
  For the longest time this WAS my all-time favorite Scooby-Doo series! It would be a better number but I decided to also add spin-offs that might not focus on Scooby, which hurt it. I loved how in this series they face real ghosts (which if you don't count the movies at the time, was a first for Scooby!) It also featured Vincent Van Ghoul (Vincent Price) and introduced the scoundrel Flim Flam. This was a great series and is the ONLY Scooby series that I own all of!

4. The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries
  This made it here cause I realized that this lesser seen series I enjoy more than 13 Ghosts! Its not on Boomerang's VOD (yet) sadly. This was when Daphne returned after they got rid of Fred, Daphne, and Velma to focus soley on Scrappy, Scooby, and Shaggy. It is also the second to last of the Scooby series until they would relaunch the shows with What's New? and before that with the straight to video movies (though a movie here and there might have appeared after 13 Ghost (which was the last series for awhile!))

3. Laff-A-Lympics
 Yeah I know this is a stretch but a lot of Scooby characters appeared on this show and it has been known as Scooby's Laff-A-Lympics (and Yogi's as well). So I decided to include it! I thoroughly enjoyed (and still do) this show. It was great seeing all the Hanna-Barbera characters together and was actually funny at times. This is on DVD but is not available on Boomerang's VOD.

2. What's New Scooby-Doo?
  My all time favorite Scooby-Doo show, so why is it #2? Because a spin-off that did not star Scooby is definitely my favorite for this list! I think the reason that this is so loved by me is the simple fact that it was the return of Scooby to TV. It aired while I was homeless but I still found time to watch it when I could and I still love it to this day. Not only do I own some episodes, but most are available on Boomerang's VOD and I have watched them recently so I know for a fact that I still love it!

 Honorable Mentions, before we get to #1:
 This was the most recent version and though not the greatest it definitely has some good points and deserves to at least be here.
  This is a cute series and deserves to at least be mentioned. I know many will disagree with me and feel tat it should be on the list, but I just love the others much more. I will say that I loved how Freddie always accused Red Heron on being the monster (and actually was once!)
   This one almost made the list because well the guests. This was where characters like Jeanie and her friend, and others originated before they got their own cartoons! Even Batman and Robin appeared here a year before the premiere of  the Super Friends! In fact if not for this show testing the waters we might not have ever got cartoons like the Super Friends (though Wonder Woman and Superman were tested by being on Brady Kids), the Addams Family Cartoon, Jeanie, and Speed Buggy! This show was not just a guest series but a backdoor pilot in certain cases! Shockingly this is not on boomerang's VOD.

 One of my favorites as well. This is the series that introduced us to Scooby-Dumb! This show is not on Boomerang's VOD as well.

 Can't do a list about Scooby-Doo without at least mentioning the one that started it all. In the Boomerang shows top 5 I listed it so I chose to leave it off here but make no mistake this is a classic and well worth the time watching!

#1: Dynomutt 
 This should come as no surprise to people who know me as this is one of (if not) my favorites of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons! This spin-off actually had Scooby and the gang in 3 episodes! I really love this show and one day hope to get one of the Dynomutt toys that are out there!

 That's it for this week, but another Top 5 is coming soon!

Comments

  1. ah my favorite didn't make the list at all ! I absolutely love Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated ,it by far my favourite interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was not a fan, I know many love it but for some reason i'm meh on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment