Hong Kong Screwy (No Spoilers)

 No I didn't make that up. Hong Kong Phooey made his return in the New Wacky Races episode :Hong Kong Screwy". It focused on him more than other guest appearances so I was pleasantly surprised. They even used the old file cabinet being stuck gag and the cat getting him out.
 The plot was simple enough. The evil organization known as K.I.T.T.Y. think that Muttley is Hong Kong Phooey so they trick the racers to go into an abandoned looking building (Where the real HKP just so happens to be) and kidnap Muttley, forcing the racers and the real Hong Kong Phooey to save him.
 All in all I felt like I was watching a modern version of Hong Kong Phooey. Wouldn't it be great if this was a back door pilot to a new HKP series?
 The new Wacky Races show isn't for everyone but I have enjoyed it and glad that season 2 has begun. I saw this episode (and all of season one and some of season 2) on the Boomerang VOD service. Its a pretty great service and recommend it to any Hanna Barbera fan (I'll be speaking more about it very soon.) At $5 a month or $40 a year, its a pretty great deal!
 That is it for tonight but more is to come!

Comments