HAPPY VALENTINES AND ANNOUNCEMENT


The picture says it all.

Next up I wanted to say I am taking this week off (although I might decide to do this week's Round Robin later in the week as I haven't missed any yet).

When I return, things are going back to basics. I haven't been happy with my blog as of late to be honest as I feel it has deviated from what I wanted it to be. This blog was meant to spotlight my toy hauls and to do articles based on memories. As of late I just do images or show only toy hauls. That is partly due to being sick but I definitely have left the original purpose. So, things are being reworked. I will continue features like "It came from....", I will continue to participate in "Round Robin", I will even do reviews from time to time (in many cases they will actually work with the message of this blog). Random images will be gone. There will still be fun images but they will be like I did in the begining and have memories. For those who like features such as Memory Lane, most of them will be in my pages area over on the right side ---->
However some will meake it here when needed. I will also do vlogs for my YT and post them in pages area as well. I will also continue to do occasional toy news as well. Basically I am going to focus on actual articles and features and stick to cartoons and toys. I hope you all enjoy this. I feel that my blog has been off due to me trying to find my voice and the holidays like Christmas and Halloween which took up many posts but now I think I will try this and hopefully not only will you all like it but so will I.

Comments

  1. Alexis, we all lose our path from time to time. take the time you need to re-organize, and come back stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr.Smith,your like Master Splinter ;)

      Delete
    2. Jokes aside,Mr.Smith Is right.As cliche as It sounds,this is a blog,not your job ;) you're not obligated to do things any other way than the way you choose.It's what's great about It being "your" blog.At the same time,having a personal standard isn't necessarily bad either.I get caught up sometimes when trying to make my site more uniform and cookie cutter ,but I find that to be not as fun as It is to post random stuff.It may look nicer,but the time and effort It takes to make things look nicer sometimes defeats the purpose.Whatever time you decide to take off,rest assured that we will still be here when you come back.And now I sound like an 80's "one to grow on" commercial add.

      Delete
    3. Mr. Smith: TY. That is my feeling as well. During my break I can figure out what exactly I need to do.

      Tony: Wait its not my job? lol.This'll give you an idea of how I was feeling, at times it felt like it. Its a main reason I felt I had to redo it a little and go back to basics as I wasn;t enjoying it anymore.

      Delete
  2. hey do what you want with it! My blog is 100% different now from where it started . I used to be a general geek coulter / entertainment blog but ended up being completely toys and heading in the direction of an art blog with no words.Just do what makes you happy and pretend nobody is even looking at it, make something that you like and then it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. As I stated in comments above, I wasn't havinmg fun anymore and realized it was because I was tring to do stuff I thought people would like, even with "It came from" I was terrified to do it because I thought people would hate it. I agree that I need to do the blog for me first.
      On a side note, your images are some of gthe best I see AND I look forward to them.

      Delete

Post a Comment