ROUND ROBIN: KIDS @ PLAY!

 It is once again time for a ROUND ROBIN CHALLENGE! This week's challenge comes from Tony over at 2 Minute Toy Break!

 This week's challenge is "Kids @ Play!" This is what it is about

"With all of us being action figure collectors as kids,I'm wondering what everyone's approach to actually playing with them was.Did you prefer playing alone,or with a friend?Please explain why for both answers.How did you play with them?While you're at It,throw In the kind of relationship you have with your toys.Were you the care free ,I don't care what happens to or who plays with my toys type of kid or were you overprotective of them?Set the scene."

Before I start, I have to say that although I never really thought about this, this is a great question and I am interested in seeing other people's answers to this week's question!

Well, honestly I played with them the same way as a kid as I occasionally do now. I preferred to play alone as a kid. However it did not start out that way. I was that kid, the kid who had little to no friends (sadly same as an adult) and therefore I had to play alone. I mean kind of hard to play with non existent friends lol. Eventually I just liked to play alone and hated people interfering with my story telling process. The way I used to play was simple it was a television network and these were television shows (something I still do in the very rare instances that I decided to play with them,) Most of the toys were who they were supposed to be like He-Man, etc an there were very few crossovers and when they were they had to be in scale so no MOTU/ GIJOE team-ups! I had one of the miniature Thundercats figures, a lizard and it fought the Joes I believe and eventually the Dino-Riders and M.A.S.K. as it being a creature, scale was not as big an issue. But yeah I had OCD even then hence the scale issue lol. I was also very protective of my toys and was sad whenever a Joe "died" due to the o-ring breaking. We glued them sometimes as we had no clue how to repair them and the net did not exist yet.

 So that is how I  used to play with my toys....

Here is what others have to say about this topic:

Because these are all stories about how we played with toys, this week I will just say the page and link it rather than say anything about it as to not spoil it.


Comments

  1. I figured out how to fix dismembered Megos, so o-ring breakage in Joes was just the next step on that journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense and yes it is interesting how we all have similar histories regarding toys.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting how we have all had a pretty similar journey- more toy interaction than human interaction

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very similar Alexis!I wanted nothing to do with any outside interference when It came to my action figure play sessions lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought I was odd with doing voices and what not lol. I'm shocked by how similar we all are truthfully!

      Delete
  4. yeah we are all pretty similar it seems. You are only 9 hours away we should set up an internet meet and play date ( bring your own gi joe's ) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a meet up is not a bad idea someday, since I don't drive it'd have to be here on Muncie lol

      Delete
    2. I also dont drive but Im very familiar with Greyhound I been across America 42 times on the bus lol

      Delete

Post a Comment