31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN: RANCOR



Last month, I did Star Wars week and wanted to do a feature on this guy. Unfortunately two things happened: I did not have a slot available AND I lost the images until now (hence the old background!)
 This guy iis the Rancor from Return of the Jedi and this particular version is from Power of the Force II.
 While he is sculpted very well and looks impressive, this figure is not very good in many ways sadly.
 As you can see here, he does not stand well and usually falls after awhile no matter what. also you cannot get many poses. I know this is from the 90s but other Star Wars creatures were made much better in that line, I know I had them.
 Although that is a gripe, I still think he is impressive. I only spent 5 bucks on him and love it!
 He's huge as you can see here with some 3 3/4 joes and
 the 6 inch Supergirl.
Overall, I think he is pretty cool but a later version does exist and looks better. This beast tried to eat Luke and no matter how good he is, he is a great addition to my collection. I never had a rancor as a kid but I do now!

I also would like to say that I am sick and its midterms week so while I will try to keep up 31 days of halloween, there is a possibility that I might miss a day or two.

Comments

  1. I had the original as a kid.Such a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In terms of sculpt and size this wins but what I've seen online, the vintage wins in displayability

      Delete
  2. Loved that you showed it in scale with some other figures so we could see what its actual size was and for the price WHAT A STEAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to show that he is a monster. Thats why I like him even if he has a hard time standing.

      Delete

Post a Comment